Last modified: 2005-05-22 06:20:02 UTC
I'm not sure how pages beginning with slash are supposed to be treated in the
various Apache/MediaWiki configurations and versions, but there are
inconsistencies on the 1.5alpha1 test wiki. So I'm reporting this under
"Wikimedia web sites" for now, and marking as minor as I cannot think of a use
for these page titles.
1. Saving a new / page using
http://test.leuksman.com/index.php?title=/&action=edit redirected to the main page.
2. From Special:Contributions and Special:Allpages, clicking the URL for the /
page redirects to the main page via http://test.leuksman.com/index.php// .
Clicking from Special:Recentchanges works ok as it uses the URL
3. http://test.leuksman.com/index.php?title=/ works ok.
4. http://test.leuksman.com// redirects to the main page.
5. http://test.leuksman.com//x is "not found" by the http server.
6. http://test.leuksman.com/index.php//x redirects to
See also bug 428.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 2088 ***