Last modified: 2010-12-04 01:06:00 UTC
It'd be nice if it were possible to subscribe to all comments on CodeReview ever, rather than the current behavior of just sending comment notification e-mails to the revision author and previous commenters.
It may be desirable to use a mailing list for this.
bug 22094 related
Done in r61476. Just needs a mailing list setup and $wgPasswordSender signed up as a user.
This has been OK'd by tim, so could be merged out, and then we've just got to get a mailing list setup
CCing Cary, since he does the list setups.
Since cary will no doubt ask for a name, I'm suggesting something like "mediawiki-codereview" and tim or someone as owner, Also this wouldn't need archiving turned on either.
CC'ing Casey, seeing as he seems to be creating mailing lists now....
Might aswell get it done then we can poke Roan to do the shell bits ;)
(In reply to comment #6)
> CC'ing Casey, seeing as he seems to be creating mailing lists now....
> Might aswell get it done then we can poke Roan to do the shell bits ;)
List created <https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-codereview> and password sent to Tim and Roan.
Since it's going to be an announcement-only mailing list, I changed these settings from the default ones:
* real_name: MediaWiki-CodeReview
* owner: tstarling [at] wikimedia [dot] org, roan [dot] kattouw [at] gmail [dot] com
* description: MediaWiki CodeReview Comments
* info: All CodeReview comments are sent to this list for your convenience. Follow-ups should go into CodeReview or to wikitech-l.
* reply_goes_to_list: Explicit address
* reply_to_address: wikitech-l [at] lists [dot] wikimedia [dot] org
* accept_these_nonmembers: wiki [at] wikimedia [dot] org
* archive: no
* default_member_moderation: yes
* member_moderation_notice: This is an announce-only mailing list. Replies should be directed to CodeReview or wikitech-l.
* include_list_post_header: no
Thanks Casey. After fixing some bugs in the CodeReview mailing list feature, this is now working.