Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:33:35 UTC
The time offset in the Time Zone user preference is not calculating correctly.
Server time is now: 09:28
Local time display: 04:28
Clicking "Fill in from browser" caclulates the Offset as -04:00
Browser is Firefox v1.0.2
If you're in Eastern Daylight Time and your old setting was Eastern Standard Time that looks 100%
correct; EDT is -4 hours from UTC, and EST is -5 hours.
If not correct, please reopen and provide additional details such as:
* Your actual time zone
* What operating system the client is running on
* Whether the time zone and clock are correct on the client
* What operating system the server is running on
* Whether the time zone and clock are correct on the server
* Whether the displayed UTC time is correct on the server
* Have you customized the default timezone settings? If so, exactly how?
* Have you made any other changes?
Time Zone offset should be changed to specifying time zone and whether daylight
savings time is used and when, rather than using a raw time offset. The current
implementation will result in incorrect times in most areas for approximately
half of the year, which half depending on when the value is originally set.
Users will not expect that they must change their time offset twice a year. The
current design of this feature is not user friendly.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 505 ***