Last modified: 2012-08-04 20:49:09 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 19127 - Update from 1_14 to 1_15(RC1) / 1_16 fails with postgresql
Update from 1_14 to 1_15(RC1) / 1_16 fails with postgresql
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Database (Other open bugs)
unspecified
Other Linux
: Normal major (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks: postgres 18629
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2009-06-08 14:15 UTC by Pascal Vizeli
Modified: 2012-08-04 20:49 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Web browser: Firefox
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Pascal Vizeli 2009-06-08 14:15:05 UTC
I have update my wiki from 1_14 to 1_15_0RC1, 1_15 r48811 and 1_16 current over svn.
But all updates dosn't work now with postgresql.

When I open the pages 'Special:RecentChanges' and 'NameOfWiki:Current_Events' it
produce (throw) a querry access error in DatabasePostgres.php line 850.

the error message from 1_14 to 1_15_0RC1:
##########################
A database error has occurred Query: SELECT * FROM recentchanges LEFT JOIN watchlist ON ((wl_user=3 AND wl_title=rc_title AND wl_namespace=rc_namespace)) LEFT JOIN page ON ((rc_cur_id=page_id)) LEFT JOIN tag_summary ON ((ts_rc_id=rc_id)) WHERE (rc_timestamp >= '2009-06-01 00:00:00 GMT') AND rc_bot = '0' ORDER BY rc_timestamp DESC LIMIT 50

Function: SpecialRecentChanges::doMainQuery Error: 1 FEHLER: keine Berechtigung fr Relation tag_summary 

Backtrace: 
#0 /var/www/wiki/includes/db/Database.php(616): DatabasePostgres->reportQueryError('FEHLER: keine ...', 1, 'SELECT * FROM...', 'SpecialRecentCh...', false) 
#1 /var/www/wiki/includes/db/Database.php(1026): Database->query('SELECT * FROM...', 'SpecialRecentCh...') 
#2 /var/www/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialRecentchanges.php(313): Database->select(Array, '*', Array, 'SpecialRecentCh...', Array, Array) 
#3 /var/www/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialRecentchanges.php(100): SpecialRecentChanges->doMainQuery(Array, Object(FormOptions)) 
#4 /var/www/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(559): SpecialRecentChanges->execute(NULL) 
#5 /var/www/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(229): SpecialPage::executePath(Object(Title)) 
#6 /var/www/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(59): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest)) 
#7 /var/www/wiki/index.php(116): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), NULL, Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest)) 
#8 {main}.

##################################################################

If I have delete the database an reinstall the wiki on database, it works!
(include dumpBackup and importDump!)
Comment 1 Tim Starling 2009-06-09 14:03:38 UTC
Did you upgrade with the web installer, or with maintenance/update.php?
Comment 2 Tim Starling 2009-06-09 15:48:29 UTC
Reproduced. This will occur when you set $wgDBadminuser='postgres' in AdminSettings.php and then run update.php. It will work just fine if you set $wgDBadminuser='wikiuser' (or whatever your unprivileged user is called), and that's what you should do in the future. To repair a broken database, you can do:

ALTER TABLE change_tag OWNER TO wikiuser;
ALTER TABLE tag_summary OWNER TO wikiuser;
ALTER TABLE valid_tag OWNER TO wikiuser;

If you're upgrading from an earlier version, there may be more tables to fix. You can find them with the "\d" command in psql. 

I think I'll do a documentation fix for 1.15 and a more aggressive fix in trunk/1.16. 
Comment 3 Tim Starling 2009-06-09 17:12:20 UTC
Documentation fixes in r51646 and r51651, and r51650 removes the requirement for AdminSettings.php to exist in order to run update.php. 
Comment 4 Pascal Vizeli 2009-06-10 15:53:38 UTC
I understand what you mean. I've two users. A unprivileged user call wikiuser and a privileged user call wikimain. In my LocalSettings I use wikiuser and in AdminSettings I use wikimain. The problem is (in first version 1_12) that the wikiuser dosn't work with dumpBackup.php and I use this script for secure Backup if the database backup dosn't work. So I created the wikimain user as superuser for AdminSettings.

But the main problem was, I think so, that was a test database. I've dump the Original database (wikidb) and restore it to wikidb2. But I set as owner the wikiuser in all cases! Anyway...

The answer for your question is: with maintenance/update.php.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links