Last modified: 2005-12-30 22:21:42 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 1832 - after install media wiki main page displays 'No input file specified.'
after install media wiki main page displays 'No input file specified.'
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 4258
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Installer (Other open bugs)
unspecified
PC All
: Highest critical (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2005-04-06 14:16 UTC by John Wetsell
Modified: 2005-12-30 22:21 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description John Wetsell 2005-04-06 14:16:51 UTC
WIMP (Windows XP Professional, IIS 5.1, MySql 4.1.10, PHP 4.3.11)
Installation of Media Wiki 1.4.0 went ok (with work around for server
request_uri and imagemagick directory/file).
After installation I moved the Localsettings.php to the mediawiki's root directory. 
Going to the media wiki's root directory using IE 6 took me to a URL
"http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php/Main_Page" and this was outputted
"No input file specified."
Comment 1 JeLuF 2005-04-10 17:39:07 UTC
Please try http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Do you get the same result?
Comment 2 John Wetsell 2005-04-11 14:40:23 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> Please try http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
> Do you get the same result?

Yes - 
Actually it started to display a blank page, not sure why.  So as of right 
now it is a blank page.
Comment 3 John Wetsell 2005-04-15 13:46:20 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> (In reply to comment #1)
> > Please try http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
> > Do you get the same result?
> Yes - 
> Actually it started to display a blank page, not sure why.  So as of 
right 
> now it is a blank page.

Sorry about that, I had to change my php.ini to display all errors.
When going to http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
I end up on http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php/Main_Page - I guess I am 
redirected to it.
The message that is displayed in the browser is "No input file specified. "
Comment 4 ian 2005-04-15 14:45:06 UTC
Probably no help, but I hit similar problems are corrected them by :-
Applying the MySQL old client password fix so it would connect, and then manually modifying 
localsettings.php to set a correct $wgScriptPath value. Once all this was done, mine worked, 
but of course I hit bug 1826.
;(In reply to comment #3)
> (In reply to comment #2)
> > (In reply to comment #1)
> > > Please try http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
> > > Do you get the same result?
> > Yes - 
> > Actually it started to display a blank page, not sure why.  So as of 
> right 
> > now it is a blank page.
> Sorry about that, I had to change my php.ini to display all errors.
> When going to http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
> I end up on http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php/Main_Page - I guess I am 
> redirected to it.
> The message that is displayed in the browser is "No input file specified. "

Comment 5 John Wetsell 2005-04-15 15:10:16 UTC
I've already applied the old client password fix for MySql - you can't get 
through the install without doing this two times.

What should $wgScriptPath be? I have it as = "/mymediawiki"; 
I believe this is the correct path. The physical directory is 
c:/inetpub/wwwroot/mymediawiki

(In reply to comment #4)
> Probably no help, but I hit similar problems are corrected them by :-
> Applying the MySQL old client password fix so it would connect, and then 
manually modifying 
> localsettings.php to set a correct $wgScriptPath value. Once all this was 
done, mine worked, 
> but of course I hit bug 1826.
> ;(In reply to comment #3)
> > (In reply to comment #2)
> > > (In reply to comment #1)
> > > > Please try http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
> > > > Do you get the same result?
> > > Yes - 
> > > Actually it started to display a blank page, not sure why.  So as of 
> > right 
> > > now it is a blank page.
> > Sorry about that, I had to change my php.ini to display all errors.
> > When going to http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
> > I end up on http://localhost/mymediawiki/index.php/Main_Page - I guess 
I am 
> > redirected to it.
> > The message that is displayed in the browser is "No input file 
specified. "

Comment 6 Brion Vibber 2005-04-15 20:27:55 UTC
PATH_INFO URLs (index.php/Title style) generally don't work with PHP's CGI mode.

The installer should have detected CGI mode and automatically selected the index.php?
title=Title mode. Did you alter $wgArticlePath in LocalSettings.php after installation and 
before using the wiki?

If you did not alter LocalSettings.php or copy a LocalSettings.php from another location 
which was configured differently, please provide the complete output from the installer.
Comment 7 John Wetsell 2005-04-16 00:21:34 UTC
PHP is not installed in CGI mode. PHP is installed as an ISAPI.

(In reply to comment #6)
> PATH_INFO URLs (index.php/Title style) generally don't work with PHP's CGI mode.
> The installer should have detected CGI mode and automatically selected the index.php?
> title=Title mode. Did you alter $wgArticlePath in LocalSettings.php after installation and 
> before using the wiki?
> If you did not alter LocalSettings.php or copy a LocalSettings.php from another location 
> which was configured differently, please provide the complete output from the installer.

Comment 8 Brion Vibber 2005-04-16 01:40:41 UTC
Please provide the complete output from the installer.
Comment 9 John Wetsell 2005-04-26 16:24:14 UTC
Are you talking to me?? What output do you want? (from browser, from a log file?)

(In reply to comment #8)
> Please provide the complete output from the installer.
> 

Comment 10 John Wetsell 2005-04-26 16:38:03 UTC
Tested with the new version 1.4.2 and the same exact result is produced.

Comment 11 John Wetsell 2005-04-26 16:42:57 UTC
Although I'm running PHP as an ISAPI I changed the LocalSettings.php file to
give 'ugly' URLS 
## If using PHP as a CGI module, use the ugly URLs
$wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript?title=$1";

This worked for me. Perhaps all IIS installations should be automatically set to
use ugly URLs.

Comment 12 Michael Keppler 2005-06-10 19:16:07 UTC
changing product only...
Comment 13 Rob Church 2005-12-14 23:14:59 UTC
Cause of this bug was resolved in bug 4258.
Comment 14 Zigger 2005-12-30 22:21:42 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 4258 ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links