Last modified: 2014-11-18 18:07:36 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 14716 - Grant noratelimit right to the editor group in the Hungarian Wikipedia
Grant noratelimit right to the editor group in the Hungarian Wikipedia
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: Wikimedia
Classification: Unclassified
Site requests (Other open bugs)
unspecified
All All
: Normal enhancement with 9 votes (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Rob Halsell
: shell
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-07-03 21:10 UTC by Tisza Gergő
Modified: 2014-11-18 18:07 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Tisza Gergő 2008-07-03 21:10:58 UTC
In huwiki, rollback users (patrollers) are trusted users assigned by bureaucrats, so there is no point in having a rollback rate limit, and the 10/min limit is too low even on a medium-sized wiki like ours, and an annoyance to patrollers. Please remove the throttling.
Comment 1 Siebrand Mazeland 2008-08-13 12:00:22 UTC
+shell
Comment 2 Tisza Gergő 2009-02-20 16:40:23 UTC
Changing request to remove all rate limitations from ex-parollers (the groupt is now called "editor" for flagrev compatibility). Rename limit is also causing problems.

Community discussion can be found here: http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Kocsmafal_(m%C5%B1szaki)#.C3.81tnevez.C3.A9s
Comment 3 Mike.lifeguard 2009-06-27 22:44:37 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> Rename limit is also causing problems.

Please open a separate request for other issues.
Comment 4 Tisza Gergő 2009-06-28 08:42:26 UTC
(In reply to comment #3)
> Please open a separate request for other issues.

It is the same issue, or at least it has the same solution: editors should have noratelimit right. They are trusted users, and they often do maintenance requiring mass changes; they should not be throttled at all, just as admins aren't.

Not that it matters much whether it is one request or two that are completely ignored by the people with shell access :-/
Comment 5 Mike.lifeguard 2009-06-28 14:10:35 UTC
(In reply to comment #4)
> (In reply to comment #3)
> > Please open a separate request for other issues.
> 
> It is the same issue

No, I specifically meant the issue with rename limits - that's what I quoted, that's what I was talking about.

> Not that it matters much whether it is one request or two that are completely
> ignored by the people with shell access :-/

Part of the reason is because the shell requests are a mess - multiple requests on a bug, unclear requests, and things mixed in that aren't ready for the shell.

However, looking again, I think you mean the limit on moving pages when you say "rename limit" right? I don't think there is any limit on how fast bureaucrats can rename users, which is what I thought you were concerned with. If you're talking about moving pages then that restriction would be lifted by giving these users the noratelimit right.
Comment 6 Tisza Gergő 2009-06-28 14:39:43 UTC
(In reply to comment #5)
> However, looking again, I think you mean the limit on moving pages when you say
> "rename limit" right?

Yes, I meant the page move limit.

> If you're talking about moving pages then that restriction would be lifted by 
> giving these users the noratelimit right.

I know; that's why I said there was no separate issue. I originally asked for raising the rollback throttling, then some editors complained about frequently hitting the page move limit, so I changed the request. The remark about renaming was just to explain the change.
Comment 7 Rob Halsell 2009-08-06 18:19:20 UTC
The editors group now has all rate limits removed.  If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links