Last modified: 2008-05-29 17:03:21 UTC
== The username that exists before SUL ==
1. User testxyz already exists on enwiki before SUL, http://toolserver.org/~vvv/sulutil.php?user=testxyz
2. testxyz have not yet been merged
3. After SUL, the unmerged testxyz can still be created on enwikibooks, testwiki, and others.
== The username that never exist before SUL ==
1. Before SUL, user lowiki.test2 never exist on any wikis, http://toolserver.org/~vvv/sulutil.php?user=lowiki.test2
2. After SUL, I first create user lowiki.test2 on lowiki, http://lo.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%E0%BA%9E%E0%BA%B4%E0%BB%80%E0%BA%AA%E0%BA%94:Log&user=Lowiki.test2&uselang=en
3. Then I still can create new one with the same name on lowiktionary,
This bug also imply that, the newly created username (after SUL) is not automatically registered as global user.
(In reply to comment #1)
> This bug also imply that, the newly created username (after SUL) is not
> automatically registered as global user.
That is correct. SUL is configured as opt-in. You have to create a global account by [[Special:MergeAccount]].
Neither User:Testxyz nor User:Lowiki.test2 are global accounts:
1. New user can create account named Testxyz or Lowiki.test2 on dewiki without knowing that the username has already been taken by someone on other wikis?
2. The user then edit edit edit on dewiki using Testxyz
3. The user later realize that he need global account
4. The user then try to merge the account
5. He can't merge, since he lose the home wiki selection!!!
Why not, let he know at the first registration, that the username does conflict with other wikis.
That's exactly what he'll know once the merge process has been started. Currently this is opt-in as we're continuing to test things; in future it'll be automatic for everyone.