Last modified: 2011-03-13 18:05:26 UTC
Maybe something similar was discussed, but I don't see that inside of the existing bugs.
* Users should be able to create their own groups. Generally, groups may be global or local. So, there should be a function "Create a group", which should be possible to assign to any other group.
* Creating a group should be listed inside of the separate log, which should be listed in RC (or together with new users, via new users extension).
* There should be a function "delete group", too. It shouldn't be implemented like it is now for stewards: it should be possible to explicitly delete a group, not to delete it by removing all of their rights.
* Groups should have their own namespace, like "Group:Somegroup".
* There should be a set of permissions over group namespace, like:
** Who is able to read a particular page inside of the group namespace: group owners only or all users or the whole world.
** Who is able to edit a particular page inside of the group namespace: ...
** ... and so on, according to possibilities which already exist in MW.
* Rights over specific pages may be added to the group (generally, in the sense of global groups, it is presently done by stewards).
* There should be a permission for giving and removing permissions to some page or group of pages (= namespace) out of the group namespace. Some kind of those permissions are implemented on en.wp: users from this group are not able to edit this or those pages; users from this group are only able to edit those pages etc.
Contrary to standards of wiki page ownership (eg, normally there isn't any)