Last modified: 2010-05-15 16:03:41 UTC
The current dupelist links exclusively to the local project's file description page. This could lead to wrong links in a situation like the following:
* We are on Image:foo.jpg
* There is a dupe version at shared under Image:bar.jpg
* Local Image:bar.jpg differs from Image:foo.jpg
Same could happen the other way round:
* A user tags Image:bla.jpg as NowCommons under the name Image:bla2.jpg
* Local Image:bla2.jpg is a dupe of Image:bla.jpg
* Shared Image:bla2.jpg is a different file
Both problems massively limit the applicability of the dupe list.
Can you give me an example? I can't reproduce this; on my local wiki external links are used to distinguish between local and shared files.
Exa(In reply to comment #1)
> Can you give me an example? I can't reproduce this; on my local wiki external
> links are used to distinguish between local and shared files.
One example from [[de:Category:NowCommons]]:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Albrecht-v-Preussen.JPG links to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Albertvanpruisen.jpg but should link to http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Albertvanpruisen.jpg
For some reason a LocalFile is created instead of a LocalDBFile, but the repository is clearly still the shared repository.
Also note the bug that the namespace is translated.
I can't find the problem. It appears that ForeignDBRepo::newFileFromRow creates an LocalFile. There can be a few possibilities:
* ForeignDBRepo::findFilesBySha1 is directly inherited from LocalRepo, so it may call LocalRepo::newFileFromRow.
* ForeignDBFile::newFromRow creates a LocalFile instead of a ForeignDBFile.
Both do not occur to me on a local system, but maybe there is some version incompability between PHP or some caching problem?
Fixed by brion in r35576.