Last modified: 2008-04-05 01:39:45 UTC
I could reproduce this on my local server MacOSX 10.4.11/apache/MySQL MediaWiki1.12.0 and a bit old Renameuser extension
and also, on ja.wiktionary.org twice.
It can reproduce as blow.
1. making a new account "foo"
2. (sysop) block "foo"
3. (b_crat/sweard) rename user "foo" to "bar"
4. see ipblockliset, it shows like "blocked user:foo at xxxx-xx-xx" and somr other info
5. someone get accout foo again
6. foo *DO* not blocked, although he's on the ipblocklist.
I assume SUL may makes many of user rename job for b_crats on every project,
I think it is not critical software probrem in real means, but it IS psychological critical problem for wikimedia project
with SUL as I think.
NOTE: it's not about a block log but ipblock list. block log is a known bug
to avoid this, sysops on every project need to unblock the one who has been blocked and need to rename
before or after renameuser.
The entry seems to mainly use the ipb_user column, so that is probably why it is not affecting the new user. I'll take a peek at userrename.
Done in r32800.