Last modified: 2008-11-10 16:58:29 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 13553 - Strange random problems with the parser
Strange random problems with the parser
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
Parser (Other open bugs)
1.12.x
All Linux
: Normal major (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
http://www.generiquestele.com/Special...
: parser
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-03-29 14:00 UTC by Cédric Nilly
Modified: 2008-11-10 16:58 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments
Parsing problem (73.03 KB, image/jpeg)
2008-03-29 14:00 UTC, Cédric Nilly
Details
Edited a page and clicked preview button (32.99 KB, image/png)
2008-11-10 16:58 UTC, Martin G
Details

Description Cédric Nilly 2008-03-29 14:00:19 UTC
Created attachment 4778 [details]
Parsing problem

I used mediawiki 1.12.0 and 1.12.0-svn.
I tried with/without apc, eaccelerator, memcached, no cache, different plugins.

I have random parsing problems with all the pages, randomly (20% when I reload them): the page can be completely broken like "[{{SE[{{R}}{{S}}{{TPATH}}/CO}}ING a copy of the GNU General Public License" (see attachment).

I try a hint given on IRC: $wgParserConf['class'] = 'Parser_OldPP';
It seems to work definitely better.

Now I just have random minor bugs: sometimes (5%) non-replaced tags like "You should have received [{{SERVER}}{{SCRIPTPATH}}/COPYING a copy of the GNU General Public License]"
Comment 1 Brion Vibber 2008-04-01 22:12:02 UTC
Can you also try this instead of the Parser_OldPP:

$wgParserConf['preprocessorClass'] = 'Preprocessor_Hash';

This uses an alternate preprocessor implementation along with the new parser.
Comment 2 Andrew Garrett 2008-08-08 11:23:33 UTC
No additional information provided.
Comment 3 Martin G 2008-11-10 16:58:29 UTC
Created attachment 5516 [details]
Edited a page and clicked preview button

I've also the problem of randomly broken pages.

I upgraded from an old version (don't know wich, sorry) to 1.12.0 and am using now the mediawiki debian (testing) package. I ran the /usr/share/mediawiki/maintenance/update.php update script.

I configured the mediawiki as a virtual server in apache with php5. I'm able to do some edits and views of pages without any problems. If I wait some minutes and restart editing I've broken pages like the one in the attachement. If I save the page the content in the database is also broken.

After some edits/previews the page is fine but randomly it break some edits later. My feeling is that a global state in apache/php from one of the forked apache childs is broken and I'm randomly getting a broken or fine apache child on my request.

To check the parser I run php parserTests.php from maintenance. The result is: Passed 488 of 505 tests (96.63%)... 17 tests failed! (e.g.: Running test Parents of subpages, two levels up, with lots of extra trailing slashes.... FAILED!, Running test dt/dd/dl test... FAILED!).

I'm not a php coder but I would like to help to trackdown the problem.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links