Last modified: 2010-05-15 16:02:54 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 13496 - "Premature end of script headers" in api.php
"Premature end of script headers" in api.php
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
General/Unknown (Other open bugs)
1.13.x
All All
: Normal enhancement (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-03-24 22:06 UTC by Roan Kattouw
Modified: 2010-05-15 16:02 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Roan Kattouw 2008-03-24 22:06:24 UTC
After svn up'ing my test installation, I get an HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error) for every request to api.php. Apache's error log says "Premature end of script headers: php-cgi.exe" (that's right, I'm on Windows and am running PHP as a CGI). Strangely, index.php works just fine. I'm pretty sure this is caused by something introduced in the past week (it worked a week ago). I tried reverting the Wiki.php rewrite, but that didn't solve anything.

Unfortunately, Apache/PHP don't provide a very detailed error message (what I mentioned earlier was the entire message) so I don't have the faintest clue as to how to debug this, other than tracking by revert (reverting today's commits, then yesterday's, etc. until it starts working, then refine by the hour till I nailed the revision responsible) which I intend to do tomorrow. If anybody thinks they may have caused this, or has a similar setup and manages to debug this properly, please let me know (preferably *before* I start tracking this thing down myself).
Comment 1 Bryan Tong Minh 2008-03-24 22:12:45 UTC
Just a short note that it works for me for the latest trunk, using the latest PHP 5.2 and running as FastCGI with Abyss Web Server.
Comment 2 Roan Kattouw 2008-03-25 15:09:22 UTC
WTF!

I svn up'ed, it didn't work. I reverted Tuesday's and Monday's revisions, it didn't work. I reverted Sunday's too, it worked again. After noticing none of Sunday's commits could have caused this, I went back to HEAD, which magically works again.

Weird...
Comment 3 Roan Kattouw 2008-03-25 15:44:32 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
I went back to HEAD, which magically
> works again.
I discovered I actually had a locally modified copy of ApiBase.php lying around. One of my modifications was to do if($this->makeHelpMsg()) in ApiBase::makeHelpMsg(), causing an infinite recursion.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links