Last modified: 2008-07-20 14:29:49 UTC
Created attachment 4526 [details]
patch for config/index.php
Acutally, the w3.org's validator says that the code produced by the configuration script is invalid (5 errors and a lot of warnings). To resolve that problem, i changed the doc type to use the XHTML 1.0 transitional (the one used by the wiki) instead of the HTML 4.01 transitional and resolved the errors for the main possible results of the script (including some errors). I also updated some links to point to mediawiki.org instead of meta.wikimedia.org and modified the place of some comments in the generated LocalSettings.php.
I notice there's some duplication here; '</ul><p>...</p>' is wrapped around nearly every error message. It might be better to factor that out to a common location.
If not all dieout points are within lists, it might be cleaner to maintain a list state to control that.
Created attachment 4538 [details]
second patch for config/index.php
dieout is used before the main list is open if the script finds the LocalSettings.php file or if the directory isn't writable. I introduced $mainListOpened variable for the current state. dieout will also add <p> if the text doesn't start with a <p> or <h1>...<h6> (if don't use preg_match because the script checks if that function exists and uses dieout if not).
fixed in r37870.