Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:59:46 UTC
1. Create page named "Why &amp; got relaced" (without quotes). I type "amp;" twice, because & visually is transformed to "&" in HTML.
2. In database page_title (dbkey) will be "Why_&_got_relaced"
3. Go to that page & try to rename (move) it to title like this "test new title"
4. This fails with message, that no form data submitted :(
I've analyzed it a bit. This is what I've found:
1. On the form we have hidden field "wpOldTitle" with value: "Why &amp; got relaced", it's ok and input for new page name named "wpNewTitle".
2. When submitting that values to php wpOldTitle becomes "Why & got relaced"
3. method MovePageForm::doSubmit create Title objects from old title and new title
Problem begins, when Title::newFromText calls $filteredText = Sanitizer::decodeCharReferences( $text ); and replaces last "&" in old title name to "&" and old title becomes "Why_&_got_relaced". When method moveTo is called it fails, because can't load page by this name.
AS a workaround, it seems to work if you change the URL of the default [move] URL from
to a more escaped version:
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 3097 ***