Last modified: 2009-08-12 22:18:27 UTC
I'm using IE6 on WinXP SP2. When I surf to a page like the above and save it to my desktop as a .mht file, this file behaves in different manners after opening it:
- Opening it on my desktop, everything's fine.
- Moving it to another location, it dependes on the path:
another partition/drive, another folder may be fine as well, but for example:
D:\ä ö ü\gbhgfuiph shburthbütrh bütrhßhßßhß hgtutdrhguzdrhguihguzd ä ööüp päptrhs ohhö\Taupunkt - Wikipedia.mht
generates trouble: The page doesn't show formulas anymore.
Moving the file again to another location with a shorter path name (but, for example, containing spaces and german umlauts as well) makes the file show everything correctly again.
Having cleared the cache and the state of being online or without internet connection both don't seem to make any difference.
This sounds like it might just be a problem with IE or Windows pathname length limitations.
I don't know. I'll try to check it after X-Mas on another system; right know and during the holidays I only got this system.
Wish you nice holidays!
I found articles, which I saved earlier (for example January 2006) and which don't show this bug.
It has to have something to do with the wiki-software, because, when I save today an even older version of the same article (in this case: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faltung_(Mathematik)), formulars are not shown as well.
Marking this WFM. I can't replicate in IE6 in WinXP SP2, seems like a local issue.