Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:59:41 UTC
I installed a fresh wiki from scratch and imported several pages into it:
And proceeded to tell all my friends... but I should have looked around my new wiki first:
At this point many links were coming up action=edit even though
clicking lead to editing an existing page!
I did cd maintenance and ran all the scripts remotely related to
updating link tables.
At this point apparently action=purge was still needed so I did
$ touch LocalSettings.php
Phew. That seems to have fixed it. OK, just want to let you know that
don't expect Special:Import to deal correctly with internal links at
least when importing 16 new pages to a site that only had one Main Page.
Mass compoment change: <some> -> Export/Import
I've imported pages OK.
Looking at the import code (1.11 - 1.14a), it does perform the proper updates.
I think what may be the problem is that cache invalidation and link jobs add on to the jobqueue, and take time to finish (especially on site's without job runner daemonds). This causes page cache lag.