Last modified: 2010-03-02 12:56:10 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 11812 - UTF8-DB-Collation does not work with SMW
UTF8-DB-Collation does not work with SMW
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Product: MediaWiki extensions
Classification: Unclassified
Semantic MediaWiki (Other open bugs)
unspecified
PC Linux
: Normal critical (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
: 17910 19085 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-10-30 08:31 UTC by nav
Modified: 2010-03-02 12:56 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments
Patch for SMW1.4.3 that fixes encoding and table type setting (542 bytes, patch)
2010-02-21 16:10 UTC, someone3.0
Details

Description nav 2007-10-30 08:31:20 UTC
Special:Browse crashes when used with Cyrillic characters

Error when querying the database
There was a syntactic error querying the database. The last query was:

(query hidden)

in function „SMW::getInRelations“. MySQL returns error „1267: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' (localhost)“.


orig. error:
(Грешка при работа с базата от данни
Възникна синтактична грешка при заявка към базата от данни. Последната заявка към базата от данни беше:

    (Заявка на SQL — скрита)

при функцията „SMW::getInRelations“. MySQL дава грешка „1267: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=' (localhost)“.)


------------------------

MediaWiki: 1.11.0rc1
PHP: 5.1.6 (apache2handler)
MySQL: 5.0.27-Debian_0.dotdeb.1 


Semantic MediaWiki (version 0.7)	Making your wiki more accessible – for machines and humans. View online documentation.	Klaus Lassleben, Markus Krötzsch, Denny Vrandecic, S Page, and others. Maintained by AIFB Karlsruhe.

Semantic MediaWiki (version 0.7)	Making your wiki more accessible – for machines and humans. View online documentation.	Klaus Lassleben, Markus Krötzsch, Denny Vrandecic, S Page, and others. Maintained by AIFB Karlsruhe.

Semantic MediaWiki (version 0.7)	Making your wiki more accessible – for machines and humans. View online documentation.	Klaus Lassleben, Markus Krötzsch, Denny Vrandecic, S Page, and others. Maintained by AIFB Karlsruhe.


( why three entries for SMW in Special:Version ?? )
Comment 1 Markus Krötzsch 2007-11-02 12:57:46 UTC
This problem is due to incompatible "collations" in your database, and has nothing to do with the actual characters you use. SMW does not set the DB collation at all, and normally MediaWiki (I think) does the same. Maybe you selected the experimental UTF8-DB-setup when installing MediaWiki? This feature is not stable, and is currently not supported for SMW. This could be changed when the UTF8-DB option becomes more mature for MediaWiki.

Note that the DB-level UTF8-setup is not required for using UTF8 in any wiki page -- it just might make better use of the DBs capabilities once it is working.
Comment 2 Markus Krötzsch 2009-07-31 21:06:22 UTC
*** Bug 19085 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 3 Markus Krötzsch 2009-07-31 21:06:28 UTC
*** Bug 17910 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 4 Ouroboros 2009-10-14 23:23:24 UTC
Hi, I don't know if my problem is linked, but when I set a property name with accented characters, it doesn't display in the Browsing page. See this test page : http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Browse/Accent (property name doesn't appear in the left column :/).
Comment 5 Markus Krötzsch 2009-10-15 08:52:34 UTC
(In reply to comment #4)
> Hi, I don't know if my problem is linked, but when I set a property name with
> accented characters, it doesn't display in the Browsing page. See this test
> page : http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Browse/Accent
> (property name doesn't appear in the left column :/).
> 

No, this is an unrelated bug that has been fixed in the meantime. See Bug 20795.
Comment 6 someone3.0 2010-02-21 16:10:11 UTC
Created attachment 7156 [details]
Patch for SMW1.4.3 that fixes encoding and table type setting

The attached patch uses the mediawiki $wgTableOptions setting to enable SMW to create its additional tables witch the same options (table type and encoding) used in the Mediawiki configuration. Tested with Mediawiki 1.15.1 and SMW 1.4.3, using latin-bin and UTF-8-tables, wich are the recommended settings during Mediawiki installation (MySQL only). see also: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgDBTableOptions
Comment 7 Markus Krötzsch 2010-03-02 12:56:10 UTC
Thanks, I have applied the patch to SVN. Lets hope that this solves the problem in all cases.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links