Last modified: 2011-03-13 17:46:07 UTC
I figured it might be easier for you to rename this small temporary workaround file than for me to change the long-established name of my diff script or to find a workaround for the wikEd script detection.
Thanks in advance, Cacycle
Perhaps a more descriptive name would be in order, like fixOldGeckoDiff.js or similar (perhaps not _that_ long).
Here is the link to the MediaWiki diff.js file: http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/diff.js
It doesn't seem to matter if it's "installed" via in-wiki pages. There's no conflict.
There IS a conflict with wikEd (< 0.9.48c) and changing the name in MediaWiki would solve this. The incompatibility results from the mechanism by which wikEd checks for the presence of loaded scripts.
Well, I'd recommend fixing the script so that it doesn't break instead. This would avoid future problems where core MediaWiki code, extension code, user-written gadgets, or custom user scripts use another name which happens to be the same as a name of one of wikEd's files.
Changing all WONTFIX high priority bugs to lowest priority (no mail should be generated since I turned it off for this.)