Last modified: 2008-06-12 10:17:16 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 11692 - Property namespace is ill-formed in SemanticMediaiWiki RDF Dump
Property namespace is ill-formed in SemanticMediaiWiki RDF Dump
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Product: MediaWiki extensions
Classification: Unclassified
Semantic MediaWiki (Other open bugs)
unspecified
All All
: Normal normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: denny vrandecic
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-10-17 20:28 UTC by Harold Solbrig
Modified: 2008-06-12 10:17 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments
Change Property namespace in export (905 bytes, patch)
2007-10-17 20:28 UTC, Harold Solbrig
Details

Description Harold Solbrig 2007-10-17 20:28:46 UTC
Created attachment 4264 [details]
Change Property namespace in export

The property namespace in the Semantic MediaWiki RDF dump doesn't parse correctly - note that it ends with  "Property-3A" below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE rdf:RDF[
	<!ENTITY rdf 'http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#'>
	<!ENTITY rdfs 'http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#'>
	<!ENTITY owl 'http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#'>
	<!ENTITY smw 'http://smw.ontoware.org/2005/smw#'>
	<!ENTITY smwdt 'http://smw.ontoware.org/2005/smw-datatype#'>
	<!ENTITY wiki 'http://biomedgt.org/index.php?title=Special:URIResolver/'>
	<!ENTITY property 'http://biomedgt.org/index.php?title=Special:URIResolver/Property-3A'>
	<!ENTITY wikiurl 'http://biomedgt.org/index.php?title='>
]>

An RDF Parser interprets <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="&property;FOO"> as namespace "http://biomedgt.org/index.php?title=Special:URIResolver/" name "PROPERTY-3AFOO".  We propose that it be changed to:
        <!ENTITY property 'http://biomedgt.org/index.php?title=Special:URIResolver/Property#'>

The above change could be accomplished by the attached patch.
Comment 1 Markus Krötzsch 2007-11-02 15:00:15 UTC
From the above description, I do not quite see what the problem actually is. Is there any issue with having "-3A" being a part of some URI? Why is this ill-formed?

We do of course have some degrees of freedom when building these URIs, but the reserved character # has some technical ramifications that are not desirable: The above will create URIs such as

http://biomedgt.org/index.php?title=Special:URIResolver/Property#Testproperty

which tries to use "Special:URIResolver/Property#Testproperty" as a parameter "title". But # cannot be part of a URL since it marks a URL-Ref, so in the above the parameter title is assigned "Special:URIResolver/Property" while "Testproperty" is a references applied to the whole URL. So it seems to be better to use some symbols without special relevance to the URL-spec. This is exactly what "-3A" was meant to be (it is an "escape" of the URL-colon %3A, and follows SMW's general escape strategy for problematic symbols in URIs).

Anyway, Denny (currently maintaining the export) should have a look at this.
Comment 2 Markus Krötzsch 2008-06-12 10:17:16 UTC
I close that now since there was no further detail provided on why this should be a problem. We have tried SMW's OWL/RDF with many tools, and most did not have problems (and none had problems with the -3A).

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links