Last modified: 2007-10-13 14:51:54 UTC

Wikimedia Bugzilla is closed!

Wikimedia has migrated from Bugzilla to Phabricator. Bug reports should be created and updated in Wikimedia Phabricator instead. Please create an account in Phabricator and add your Bugzilla email address to it.
Wikimedia Bugzilla is read-only. If you try to edit or create any bug report in Bugzilla you will be shown an intentional error message.
In order to access the Phabricator task corresponding to a Bugzilla report, just remove "static-" from its URL.
You could still run searches in Bugzilla or access your list of votes but bug reports will obviously not be up-to-date in Bugzilla.
Bug 11643 - $wgMetaNamespace doesn't work with mediawiki installations in Persian(fa) language
$wgMetaNamespace doesn't work with mediawiki installations in Persian(fa) lan...
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Product: MediaWiki
Classification: Unclassified
General/Unknown (Other open bugs)
unspecified
All All
: Normal blocker (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: Nobody - You can work on this!
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-10-12 21:27 UTC by Soroush
Modified: 2007-10-13 14:51 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Web browser: ---
Mobile Platform: ---
Assignee Huggle Beta Tester: ---


Attachments

Description Soroush 2007-10-12 21:27:30 UTC
Setting $wgMetaNamespace to anything in an installation of mediawiki in Persian language causes NS_PROJECT pages to be inaccessible however their name can be seen in mediawiki interface, in drop down menues and in special:Allpages when it lists pages in namespace 4 but when you click on links it says page does not exist and links to project namespace and its talk appear red in main namespaces(1 to ...not seudo-namespaces).

This problem blocks to change the name of project while we don't change site name.

I tested by adding and removing installed extensions. It wasn't because of them. 
This does not happen if the installation was originally in English and changing the language to others such as Persian in such this installation doesn't have this problem. This might be the problem of installation or core of mediawiki so I categorize this as general.
Comment 1 Soroush 2007-10-13 14:51:54 UTC
I tested this with many different situations. different languages and different namespace names, containing many characters and I installed mediawiki in fa, tr, en, ar languages and took many attempts in the favor of solving this problem. The problem didn't appear in some circumstances however I can't be absolutely sure when the problem exists and I might need to make more tests but the problem disappeared if I put '_' in the place of ' ' in namespace names.

I think i'd better to evaluate this invalid and I hope that'll be all.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.


Navigation
Links