Last modified: 2007-08-08 17:36:28 UTC
I installed MediaWiki 1.10.1. The setup script ran without any problems and I copied the LocalSettings.php to root directory. I followed the link from config page and Safari return an error (NSURLErrorDomain: -1005). I discovered a problem in GlobalFunctions.php in the method "&wfGetDB". The global variable "$wgLoadBalancer" isn´t an instance of LoadBalancer, it is of type "StubObject". "$ret = $wgLoadBalancer->getConnection( $db, true, $groups );
" fails because "StubObject" hasn´t a method "getConnection()".
- Apache 2.2.4
- PHP 5.2.3
- MySQL 5.1.17
What was the complete error message returned, and what did the browser show?
"StubObject" is a mechanism we use to defer loading certain classes; the StubObject class will "unstub" (i.e. initialise proper) the object upon the first call to a class method. We have had no reported issues with it thus far.
Safari show the error: Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://xxxxx.xxxxxx.net/wiki/”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.
Firefox show nothing (white page)
If you want you can get an ftp-Accout to my server.
Mediawiki version 1.8.4 runs without any problems. I don´t want publish the wiki url here, but I can send you an email with url and ftp login.
Sounds like a web server issue; check error logs, including the PHP error log.
Error logging is turned on in the php.ini, but there isn´t a php_error.log file. I created this file and reloaded the wiki index.php -> php_error.log is empty. Apache error log files are also empty. PHP throws exceptions if I try to call a not existing function, so I think the webserver configuration isn´t the problem.
I searched again for the place where php stopped the execution. It isn´t the StubObject or LoadBalancer. It seems to be the database class. Suddenly I get a PHP error message:
Fatal error: Cannot access protected property DatabaseMysql::$mOut in /usr/local/apache/2.2.4/htdocs/mediawiki/1.10.1/includes/Database.php on line 499
I switched the php version from 5.2.3 to 5.1.6 and mediawiki runs without any problems.
You probably have a bad version of eAccelerator or another broken PHP extension that doesn't work correctly with PHP 5.2.x