Last modified: 2010-05-15 15:56:47 UTC
I just installed Mediawiki yesterday and it was working fine.. then the next day it keeps displaying this message
A database error has occurred
Query: SELECT user_name,user_password,user_newpassword,user_email,user_email_authenticated,user_real_name,user_options,user_touched,user_token,user_registration FROM `user` WHERE user_id = '1' LIMIT 1
Error: 1017 Can't find file: 'user.MYI' (errno: 2) (localhost)
* GlobalFunctions.php line 602 calls wfBacktrace()
* Database.php line 473 calls wfDebugDieBacktrace()
* Database.php line 419 calls Database::reportQueryError()
* Database.php line 806 calls Database::query()
* Database.php line 825 calls Database::select()
* User.php line 720 calls Database::selectRow()
* User.php line 667 calls User::loadFromDatabase()
* Setup.php line 229 calls User::loadFromSession()
* index.php line 80 calls require_once()
What causes this? Will it ever work again?
Your "user" table file has disappeared (possibly along with others). Dropping the database and reinstalling the software will fix it, but you've lost at the very least your user table. This has nothing to do with MediaWiki. Contact your host to discuss why this might have happened on your server and whether the table can be recovered.
This usually means your database server has accidentally disabled InnoDB tables during an upgrade, or didn't properly copy the InnoDB table space when moving servers.